Updated: Aug 28
Are you looking for ways to help your children transition smoothly back into the school routine? Look no further than the ancient practice of Feng Shui. This powerful and harmonious art can create an environment that supports your child's learning, focus, and overall well-being.
1. Clear the Clutter: A clutter-free space promotes clarity of mind and enhances concentration. Please encourage your child to declutter their study area, removing unnecessary items or distractions.
2. Optimize Desk Placement: Positioning the desk in a power position, such as facing the door or a window, allows your child to feel in control and aware of their surroundings while studying.
3. Enhance Study Area Lighting: Good lighting is essential for effective studying. Ensure the study area is well-lit with natural light during the day and has adequate artificial lighting for evening study sessions.
4. Choose Soothing Colors: Use calming colours like blues and greens in your child's study area to promote relaxation and calm. Yellow although stimulating promotes memory retention for example using yellow highlighters in textbooks. Red used in moderation can give an needed an energy boost.
5. Incorporate Nature Elements: Bring elements of nature into the study space with plants or natural materials like wood. These elements create a sense of tranquillity and connection with the outdoors.
6. Create a Vision Board: Create a vision board together to help your child set goals for the upcoming school year. Display it prominently in their study area as a reminder of their aspirations.
7. Use Symbols of Wisdom: Place symbols associated with wisdom and knowledge, such as books or an owl figurine, on their desk or shelves to inspire intellectual growth and curiosity.
8. Balance Yin-Yang Energy: In the study area, balance active (yang) energy and calm (yin) energy. This can be done by incorporating stimulating and relaxing elements, such as a comfortable chair and a motivational poster.
9. Encourage Breaks and Movement: Remember to encourage your child to take regular breaks and engage in physical activity. Physical movement helps release stagnant energy, allowing for better concentration when they return to their studies.
10. Implementing these feng shui tips, you can create an environment that supports your child's academic journey, promotes their well-being, and helps them excel in school.
Wishing everyone returning to school this Fall a very successful year!